Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lu'au Under the Stars....

Wooooohhhhhh.... I'm feeling so tired right now. It has been a long week and there's like two more days of orientation then BOOM - classes starts on Monday. As time passes by, I'm kinda like calming myself down and not fretting about classes and stuff. It's alright if I don't take a few classes this semester or something. I think I can handle that. I'll just take like English, Chemistry and Physics like next semester. But it'll be awesome if I can take all these basic subjects like early on in my undergraduate program. So later on, I can like take all Marine Science classes plus some awesome fun classes like Music and Psychology. But circumstances don't allow me to do, so, screw that. Never mind then. I'll just take it the next semester. I have like 16 credit hours this semester. I might drop business now and take Oceanography class. Don't know. The system to register for classes is down. Shucks! Haha!

I bought insurance already. Gonna get my books tomorrow. Wrote every subject and class number down already. Woot! Gonna get set for classes soon! Gonna get like small exercise books for each class. Muahahha! God, help me please!

I went to the 'Imiloa Astronomy Center for an orientation program, Lu'au Under the Stars. Lu'au means big feast. And it's Under the Stars because, we were at the 'Imiloa Astronomy Center xD. Haha! That center is huge man! It's so freaking nice and beautiful. Totally PWN our Planetarium back in Kuala Lumpur. The Astronomy Center here has 3D Astronomy presentations and shows! And there's this big dome room that they project some awesome animations, presentations, and shows on the roof of the dome. It really creates that kinda you-can-see-everything-view feel. So darn awesome. The dinner after the astronomy center show and tour was AWESOME!!! YUMMY SHIT! haha! Really had fun eating and fellowship-ing with an awesome group of friends. Thank God. Glory to Him!

Today was relatively alright. The only down part of the day was this orientation program - Living Local Hilo program. This Student Adviser gave a talk to us. I thought this program would give me insight on how can I get this, how can I get that, introduction to the culture in Hilo, telling us stuff about Hilo like cool spots to hang out, where to go and stuff. He did cover a bit about culture but most of the time he was like fretting about us aliens that are in Hilo. There's a word for that but I forgot. The speaker was kinda like paranoid that some nonnative Hawaiian people was speaking "pigeon" - the Hawaiian slang of English. If he wasn't, he was being something like that. All I can tell you is that, he has problems choosing sentences man. Haha! It was kinda informative but, he's bad! Haha! Dam meanie! Funny though, not throughout the talk. It ended at a very sober state >.<

No comments: