Thursday, December 4, 2008

Life in Hawaii to Me....

Life here in Hawaii to me is kinda like a youth camp. GY Camp, Camp Metamorphosis, Central District Pow Wow and any other camp. There's always a start, and unfortunately, an end to these awesome camps. We make friends, we get contacts (especially girls' ones) and after camp, we try to catch up with each other; after camp, we go HOME. Even though I'm gonna be in Hawaii for like, 4 years... This doesn't count as my new home. I still see home to be, Taman Klang Jaya, Klang, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Life in Hawaii for me is like a youth camp. We meet new people, spend 4 days together (or two-theree months if you're in National Service 0.0); eating, sleeping and bathing together, then after 4-5 days, we part from each other. Some cry, some laugh, while others (like me) feel optimistic that one day, we'll meet again.

Life here in Hawaii to me is like a youth camp. I met Rachel Heath like 4 months ago. She's the one behind all those kickball, dodgeball and spud games. It's only been 4 months and tonight might be the last night I see her before she leaves for wherever she's going to for missions (no, it's not that I don't wanna know where's she going, it's that she can't tell anybody, but I think I roughly know where is she going). Will I see her again or not? What if I DO see her again? What if I DON'T see her again? Questions like these are sure to be in your mind in the last night of youth camps; Will I ever see my close friend in camp again? Will I meet Rachel again? I've only known her for four months. In this short period of time, I saw that she's a very passionate person, she's a very obedient person, she's a very independent person. And the best of all, she's a blessing to everyone around her. When I mean everyone around her, I mean EVERYONE. God bless you, Ms. Heath. Go and continue being His humble servant, go share the Good News, go glorify His name, and give thanks for all the hardships that are in front of you. Never ever give up. Don't get disappointed if someone pushes you away or refuses to listen to the Gospel.

James 1:2-8 (New International Version)

Trials and Temptations
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.


Persevere, it'll be sweet in the end, you know it's worth it =).

Life in Hawaii is like being in a youth camp, where there's a start, and an end, in every youth camp. What happens after the end is up to you and me; whether we want to keep this joy to ourselves, or whether we want to share it with the people around us.

Life in Hawaii to me, is sweet. Thank You, God. Thank You, Ohana; both here and back in Malaysia.

No comments: