Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Wondering how I spent my Christmas this year without my parents? No? You don't want to know? Well too bad, I'm still gonna share it with you guys. Har! <#-moto slang>Sucka!!

I reached Hilo around 6:30am on the 24th of December. Trebor came to pick me up from the airport around 7am... We went to McDonalds to get some breakfast. The chicken biscuit sandwich thingy is actually tasty. Haha! I hung out in Trebor's place till lunch time. We played some Wii Sports and Smashbros games to kill time. We had lunch with Jaime and friends (Trebor and Jaime's friends, new faces to me, except Daniel, I think I got his name right 0.0). Trebor sent me back to the dorms after lunch. I took a very long nap. Then in the evening I attended the Candle Light Christmas service in church. After the service we went to Jertina(Jerome and Christina)'s place to celebrate Christina's birthday. Happy 2Xth (I don't know the exact age 0.0)! God bless you! Had fun playing Signs. Awesome group game.

I went back home with #-moto to stay in his house for a couple of day. I think I've already mentioned this in my blog but I'm gonna mention it again; the #-moto Manor is so darn pretty! Marry me, #-moto!

My Christmas was awesome this year. I spent the time with the #-moto family. His parents are very nice people. His dad reminds me of my uncle (Uncle David) for some reason 0.0 Haha! Dave (need to use his first name here since his parents are also known as #-moto >.<) and I woke up around 8:30am-ish to help out his dad to prepare breakfast. I have some pictures of the awesome pancakes Dave prepared... Huge banana pancakes. Yum! Dave's dad is a good cook. He's Japanese but he cooked a Mexican dish (I forgot the name) very well, I think. Tasted good. After breakfast we opened presents. I got a present from the #-motos; Dave's old band's T-shirt... Thanks!

I'm not sure why some families here in the US have their Christmas dinner early on Christmas day. I think it's just tradition. We had our Christmas dinner around 3pm-ish... Yup, dinner. Haha! We went to this awesome place called Volcano House. It's at the same place as where the Young Adult group of Kaumana Drive Baptist Church went for the retreat few months ago. AWESOME FOOD! Buffet style some more... Babi, makan puas-puas.... Thanks again, #-motos!

The next day, I helped out Dave and Joel paint Dave's old house. I kinda enjoyed helping them. Haha! We had to stop work early that day because the rain was getting heavier and heavier every second. So Dave and I decided to join the Knocks and a Waihee to go to Kona for a one night and one day stay there. It was an awesome journey and an awesome time to "waste" with the friends He has blessed me with.

Kona was awesome! Four of us (a Knock, a Waihee, a #-moto and a Chandrasakaran) swam at night at the swimming pool. There were salt and chlorinated water in the pool 0.0 Haha! The next day four of us went to the End of the World/Earth (I forgot which) to jump off the cliff there. It wasn't as high as the South Point cliff but it's scary enough. It took me around 45 minutes to man up and take the leap. By that time Nick has already jumped off the cliff at least 4 times. Haha! It was awesome! I wanted to go again but I didn't have the guts to do it again. Gosh, regretted! Then we went to Hapuna beach; one of the few white sand beaches on the Big Island... Gosh, I love white sand beaches. Puts a smile on my face. I had a fun time with the Knocks, a Waihee and a #-moto...

That basically sums up my Christmas this year. Awesome? Yes =). Thank God...

I owe a Knock, a #-moto and a Waihee big time!

Pictures will be up as soon as I figure out how to grab it from my cellphone. Grrr...

No comments: