Sunday, June 29, 2008

Congratulations Lay Kuan!

Yay yay! Lay Kuan's band got the highest prize (no standings, forgot the prize name) in her category. Kudos Lay Kuan!

Got up very late for the morning practice yesterday. I forgot to remind my mum so I told my dad to remind my mum in the morning since he'll be waking up early in the morning to go to work the night before. But he forgot. The greatest crap that can ever happen is, the alarm set on your phone isn't loud and distracting enough to wake a buffalo like me >.< So I only reached church like, an hour later and just few more minutes before 10AM. Grrr... Sorry guys! Second time this year already Jon.

Right after church, my mum sent me to the Telok Gadong KTM station. I think it's kinda like an omen on me when everytime I reach the station, there's a train waiting already, then when I run across the bridge, reach the platform, the train leaves. Grrr... Waited around 20-30 minutes after that for another train. Only reached KL Central like, 15-20 minutes before Yamaha Electone Festival starts (at 3PM). When I finally reached KLCC with like 5 minutes before the event, I just gotta make the wrong move and enter the shopping mall. Grrr... Always forget the way to the convention centre. xD. After finnding out the way to the convention centre, I ran (yeap, I RAN) to the place and met up with Cherylyn and Chiong Jee who was waiting for me outside thhe hall. Dam sweaty and smelly dei. Sheesh!

Met Brendan, KB and Wing Onn in the hall. The setting of the stage was alright. The lightings kinda suck for these type of performances. haha. Sorry Yamaha xD. I like the theatre. Very cozy, and cold xD. The whole competition was awesome! Left me in awe seeing those youngins playing like a pro. Seriously. 9 year olds are composing their own song!!! And electone is a pretty difficult instrument to master. Trust me. More difficult than the drums. Double bass pedal would be like drinking water if I ask Lay Kuan to try it xD. Haha! Awesome performances. The best was one of Lay Kuan's band member, Lily. She composed her own song, arranged it, and played like a MOFO pro. She was INSANE!!! Her piece is titled Cypher. My kind of music xD. Fusion jazz like. And she won like RM3000+RM200, and she gets to represent Malaysia for the Asia Yamaha Electone Festival. Haha. All the best to her even though both of us don't know each other. Haha! Well, another big Congratulations to Miss Lay Kuan. She can dance xD.

No comments: