Thursday, October 9, 2008

Weakness

I attended the BCM Connect service just now. This evening's group project theme was on the topic, Weakness. The main point that was emphasized on was that, Christ works with our weakness and that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us (Philippians 4:13). Towards the end of the service, we had this small group sharing and praying thing. One of the questions that my friend asked me was, is there any weakness that I would like to share with them (the group). I answered no, not any that I can think of at that time.

But later after that when I was walking to my room, only then I realized my weakness that I've always been struggling with; sharing, testifying and witnessing in front of a crowd. I can do it in a small group of people but in a crowd, using a mic? I can scream, shout and cheer but my weakness is I can't preach the Gospel in front of a large crowd.

It all comes down to my brains not working with my mouth. Before I stop talking, I already have everything I wanna say mapped out in my brains. Then when I start talking, my brain goes blank... I stutter after that. That's my weakness.

That's what I wanna uphold to God.

That's my worst weakness.

No comments: