Saturday, October 25, 2008

United Nations Day Celebration

Yesterday (24th of October) was the 60th anniversary of the birth of United Nations. In conjunction to that, the International Student Association (ISA, yes, ISA) had kinda like a big celebration where we gave opportunities to everybody, with different cultural backgrounds and races, to showcase their ummm, culture >.<>histhe Malay traditional costume, Baju Melayu, walked pass people, waved the Jalur Gemilang with full of orgasmpride in front of a few hundred people (not sure about the number). Gosh, I didn't know what to do. I was foolish enough to give a frigging long description of Malaysia (got it from Wiki)... Made me walk, and walk, and walk for about 5-7 minutes... And I was late for the explanation and rehearsal the evening before yesterday... Didn't know what to do... So I just waved the flag and smile.... Gosh, it was so embarrassing (embarrassing because of not knowing what to do, not embarrassed for parading with pride for Malaysia)... But it was all good.

I set up a table to showcase Malaysia. Last minute stuff. Mongolia didn't come and the ISA adviser found some Malaysia posters. So I occupied the space. Thank God for my big Jalur Gemilang that I brought along. Made the "display" look so much better. The tables was so lack of information... There were only "Cuti-Cuti Malaysia" posters... And dated back to like, year 2000 and 2001 0.0 HAHAHAH! Wait for next year's UN Day, I'll come up with something nicer...

And now, for pictures! Will link the ISA album when they upload it up. So for now, just enjoy these pictures. Sorry for some blur and bad quality pictures. I was sitting quite far away from where some of the paraders posed, so I zoomed in. Hence the 2D shitty image.







The evening before yesterday during the decoration time.

The emcees for the first slot, Mr. Eddie and a hot girl. Seriously, she's really hot 0.0


Vanuatu, yes, that's a country.


Yap. No, that's not the girl's name, that's her country's name. Yeap, it's Yap.





Marshall Islands. Gosh, the girl looks fiiiinnnnnneeee....


Japan.



Kosrae, I think.


Fiji.




Bhutan. I remember the emcee explaining about the traditional clothing. there was something about three layers and stuff like that... Then the girl took off the first layer... Was waiting for the second layer and the third layer but she stopped at the first. Dam... Anyways........




Timor Leste... I forgot her name... We speak Bahasa Melayu/Malaysia to each other.












Samoa.... The loudest, most interesting, most irritating, most annoying, most climax killer of them all.... Seriously... They started out very well, middle was alright, then the presentation was too frigging long... Felt sleepy... But it was interesting...

Was feeling bored, so I took a picture of the satay on one of the posters... They didn't have Nasi Lemak on any of the posters... I was like WTF!!!! That's an abomination! Screw you Cuti-Cuti Malaysia!!!

Yours truly,

I look fat... Well, I know I'm fat but this picture makes me look fatter. Grr...

Well, Happy Belated UN Day!

No comments: