Friday, August 10, 2007

Why Subliminal Verses?

Why the word Subliminal?

sub·lim·i·nal

–adjective Psychology.
existing or operating below the threshold of consciousness; being or employing stimuli insufficiently intense to produce a discrete sensation but often being or designed to be intense enough to influence the mental processes or the behavior of the individual: a subliminal stimulus; subliminal advertising.

Subliminal is part of a Slipknot's album name - Subliminal Volume. After finding out this new word, I searched for the meaning from an online dictionary and yeap, it has a very strong meaning and if the meaning is interpreted properly, I bet it'll do more good than bad.

Why the word Verses?

verse 1 (vûrs) Pronunciation Key
n.

1.
1. A single metrical line in a poetic composition; one line of poetry.
2. A division of a metrical composition, such as a stanza of a poem or hymn.
3. A poem.
4. The art or work of a poet.
5. A group of poems: read a book of satirical verse.
2. Metrical or rhymed composition as distinct from prose; poetry.
3.
1. The art or work of a poet.
2. A group of poems: read a book of satirical verse.
4. Metrical writing that lacks depth or artistic merit.
5. A particular type of metrical composition, such as blank verse or free verse.
6. One of the numbered subdivisions of a chapter in the Bible.


I love music. And I have this secret interests in writing songs and I've written three already (or maybe more). And I love playing music for God. I like listening to metal and just extracting some elements and styles from their music and finally, designing an awesome piece, hopefully, with full of energy, full of worship and praise to Him - all for His glory.

God's INFLUENCE in my VERSES - I Will, For God.

No comments: