Monday, September 1, 2008

Green Sand Beach and South Point

Wooohooo! Just got back from an awesome Labour Day weekend (the Americans celebrate Labour Day on the 1st of September, they're dumb xD). I went camping on a green sand beach! Wooohooo! It was kinda like a last minute plan for me though. There's this organisation called the Baptist Collegiate Ministry, it's kinda like a Christian Fellowship/Union back home in Malaysia. The whole trip only costs us (participants) U$D3 (includes food and petrol xD) but I didn't even have that U$D3! So I asked Jo (my Korean friend, remember?) to loan me two bucks for now and I'm gonna pay him tomorrow after I go withdraw some money from the ATM. Grrr. Haha! So yeah, woke up yesterday on a Sunday morning, went down to the dining hall for my brunch, and met my Korean friends. They asked me to join them so I did. Packed my stuff in within 10 minutes, over packed again... Sheesh! Haha! Went down to the BCM place and got a little briefing by the ever passionate leader: John (insert last name here), then I got assigned to which car to travel in. Guess what? The last time I sat in the trunk, this time, IN THE TRUNK as well. But it's all good. It's an open aired one. Woohoo! And the owner of the truck, Dave, has this awesome punk rock Christian band called Olivia. Dam, they're good!

Alright, sorry for digressing. Will be posting more about them soon. I sat with this guy name Paul at the back of the trunk. So yeah, wasn't as lonely as the last trip xD. Muahaha! The trip was alright, till we got to the part where we need to go off road and drive on some bumpy rocky path. Dam, it wasn't at all nice. Thank God for Jon and his 4 wheel drive vehicle. I jumped into his truck and had a relatively nice ride. I finally got to visit a green sand beach. It's not totally all green. It's kinda like small green stones mixed with black sand. It's really beautiful. I think that was the main reason why I joined this trip. The "campfire" was kinda boring till the Koreans taught us non-Koreans how to play some Korean pre-school games. HAHAHA! It's was so the funny. Will teach you guys back in Malaysia two years later when I decide to go back xD.

Skipping the dinner and breakfast part and the morning swimming part and the awesome hot dog lunch at Davy's place and the journey to South Point. South Point is kinda like the most southern tip of this island. It's so beautiful. It's not a beach. It's kinda like a cliff, where you can climb down and swim in the most pristine water I've seen so far in Hawaii. But why climb down when you can jump OFF it? xD. Yes, I did jump off a 30-feet (I think so) cliff into the water. It was awesome! Very scary but AWESOME! Hahah! Planning to go back there again to jump for another few times. WOOOT! Thank God for an awesome time of fellowship, experience and His protection and guidance. Glory to God.

More outings to go. More to discover and explore.

No comments: