Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Did you know that in Hawaii, you can get fireworks/firecrackers (or like how Joel Cook likes to put it, pyrotechnics) legally in your shopping malls? People here in Hawaii don't have to go to Petaling Street (Malaysia's "China Town") to find for the "right" people, or don't have to go into certain "right" barber shops to get these colourful explosives. All you need to do is to walk into Walmart with some money, and get some "goodies". Well, not goodies actually. They can't play aerial fireworks. Haha! Wusses..

What do people do here to celebrate the coming new year? Just playing fireworks... And yes, not forgetting throwing fireworks at each other 0.0 Haha!

Had fun yesterday on New Year's eve. I went out with Wan Chian for lunch in that Vietnamese restaurant (Hilo Rice Bowl is the name I think). Awesome food. After lunch, I went out with #-moto and Tess. #-moto did some surprise serenading for Tess. Jacob came with his new Taylor acoustic guitar, his Sony Alpha DSLR camera and his Sony Handycam Videocam for the whole serenading session. Then we went to Jertina's house for some intense 3VS3 badminton game, fellowship and dinner. Thanks a lot Jertina for inviting me. Awesome food. Just gotta love the poke. Woots!

After Jertina's house, we went to the BCM for gathering. But when I got there with Nickles, most people had already left. But it was all good. We played firecrackers, loads of them 0.0 Haha! It's funny to see how fathers and married men played firecrackers last night. Seriously, I've never seen people throwing firecrackers at each other like that. Haha! My dad would slap me if I would try it 0.0 HAHA! Well, fun people =).

2008 was an awesome year. I never loved kids this much before, I never did my own laundry with my hands, I never sat on a plane on my own before, I celebrated my first ever Thanksgiving, I celebrated my first ever Christmas without my family, I celebrated my first ever New Year without my family, I've never played this much percussion before, I never watched these much movies ever before in a year, I never enjoyed going out with people these much before, I drove on the other side of the road in the left side of the car for the first time, I cycled further than the mamak store to Shooters for the first time, I went clubbing for the first time... All was and is good.

Thank God.

No comments: