Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Back

Hey people, I'm back from camp. Feeling really very tired. I only had like about 8 hours of sleep in camp (cumulative of every night). We stayed in some place in Tanah Rata, Cameron Highland. I forgot the campsite name >.< Haha! The camp was alright but I didn't like the campsite. I just think that the whole campsite just made the whole camp a bit disorganised.

We had around 300 participants this year. Glory to GOD. There are so many things to share to you about the camp but I'll just pick them awesome-st experiences and share it with you people.

I think I blogged about getting a call to be in charge of the GY News crew and to play drums for a session quite late before the camp. I was promised a MacBook and the Sony video camera to do my work. I received news few days before camp that Sean's MacBook is under service and that made me rely on other people's laptop that I'm not familiar with (their notebooks I mean). That means that I'll need to go hunting for video editing softwares to install on other people's laptop and use it on the spot to edit the videos. And before leaving from church to Camerons I asked Sister Kim for the video camera but it seems that she's using it to record services and stuff. Thank God I brought my video camera along. There's one problem though, my video camera records footages and saves it under .MPEG format which cannot be edited by any of the softwares I have. So I decided to go hunting for some Sony video editing trial softwares which are compatible with the camera I have to ease video editing. But guess what? ALL Sony trial softwares after installing to your computer are needed to be registered through the INTERNET before using them. So, I wasn't able to use any of the Sony softwares to edit the footages. It was so frustrating for me. I needed to do the LONG method just to edit the videos. I needed to convert .MPEG into .AVI format before editing. The process of converting the formats made the laptop that I was using to crash... I didn't even edit a single footage on the first night. Sheesh! I was really frustrated. I tried using 2 other different laptops to edit the videos but in the end nothing worked. The screening of the news is usually after the night service so I decided to skip the workshops in the afternoon to edit the videos. But this time I decided to just use the Windows Movie Maker and same noob skill to edit the videos, and it WORKED! Glory to GOD! All I needed to do was just to ask God to give me comfort, to calm me down and wisdom to think. Thank God!

Last night (the last night of camp) was the best time of my life. Seriously, I had my encounter with the Holy Spirit and it's just so amazing. I felt His touch. I cried, I confessed, it made me realised that I can't live without HIM, His touch made me dance and best of all is, I felt comforted. Without this encounter, this year's camp would be just like another ordinary camp. Because of this encounter, I ENJOYED camp. And I'm gonna treasure that moment forever in my life!

There are so many things to share about but those two experiences above is the best moments in camp for me. They made me realise how much I need Him in everything I do. All glory to Him.

The videos are being uploaded right now.
First GY News 2007: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rbIfzvnNsio
Second GY News 2007: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zm1o9CflGc4

Enjoy.

No comments: